Re: Gurmukhi Omkaram

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 11:12:55 CST

    N. Ganesan wrote:
    > Regarding the TDIL proposal, I have a query:
    > Can the Gurmukhi Omkaram be moved from its
    > current location?

    Moved, not really.
    What could be done is to create the new codepoint (provided there is
    justification to do so), and deprecating the old ones. But it is not a real
    'move', the old codepoint will still exist.

    The only 'move' which occured happened with Korean Hangeul, it was at the
    very beginning, it dealt with 3,400 characters (so leaving the old positions
    "deprecated" did cause headache because it was like wasting), and it is
    still remembered as something that make people sick. So I shall not see
    something like this will happen again.

    Now all of this is quite theoric.
    In this very case, i *HIGHLY* doubt this hack will be considered.

    Antoine