PHP (Re: wiki?)

From: Donald Z. Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 18:47:42 CST

    On Arlo's question (which is way beyond me technically) one skeptical take on
    PHP and Unicode is offered on a blog at at
    http://www.acko.net/php-no-unicode-support . The php-i18n list at
    http://www.phpbuilder.com/lists/ has some discussion of this: 300+ hits on its
    site search for "Unicode" including a mention of slow progress, but I didn't
    sample but a couple of messages that Google found.

    Thanks to Tom for the pointer re Moin Moin.

    I ultimately decided to work with Mediawiki but in scouting out the settings on
    the server have noticed PHP's limitations with regard to Unicode. Not sure yet
    what this will mean in practice.

    Don Osborn
    Bisharat.net

    Quoting "Arlo J. Bensinger" <ajb102@psu.edu> Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:08:48 -0500