Re: String name and Character Name

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 10:58:03 CST

    At 15:47 +0100 2005/04/23, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >Even if this is acceptable under the stability policy, which would
    >surprise me, it does not solve the problem. For many of the
    >character name errors are of the type that a name which has been
    >wrongly given to character A should have been given to character B.
    >And this type of change does not allow the name to be reassigned to
    >character B.

    For such cases (examples?), the only way around is to invent new
    names for the characters A and B. This would be the most prudent,
    anyway, under a stability policy: No name already in use should ever
    be used for something else. Also, this may not be as difficult as it
    sounds, as one has string names to play around with.

    --
       Hans Aberg