Re: String name and Character Name

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 12:27:22 CST

    Andrew C. West wrote,

    > I was thinking of releasing versions of BabelPad and BabelMap with all Unicode
    > names expunged and "Search by Name" function disabled, just to please Jill and
    > Peter; but then again I write software to please myself, not anyone else, so I
    > think I'll leave things just the way they are.

    Please leave the "Search by Name" function enabled, it is
    quite useful. Type in the word PARENTHESIS and BabelPad
    or BabelMap steps through the entire Unicode repertoire,
    finding *all* the parenthesis characters.

    It's a lot easier for me to remember or guess the Unicode
    name when searching for a character than it is for me to
    remember the hexadecimal string.

    Best regards,

    James Kass