Re: Missing Phonetic Symbols (A-M)

From: Peter Kirk (
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 15:31:30 CST

    On 25/04/2005 17:27, Peter Constable wrote:

    >>Heng: Yuen-Ren Chao (1934), used half-seriously for h and eng in
    >>English phonemics. "Included here [...] because calling it _heng_
    >>allowed us to devise a name for the otherwise unnameable <hooktop
    >I've heard that this was used in one orthography for Tat, but I haven't
    >seen clear evidence.
    I was talking a few days ago with the lady who provided you, Peter, with
    information about this one a few years ago. She now agrees that this
    heng form was used only as a glyph variant of the proposed LATIN SMALL
    LETTER H WITH DESCENDER, provisional U+2C66. See the proposal for this
    which gives evidence of its use in Tat.

    Peter Kirk (personal) (work)
    Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.