Re: Unicode Support in Adobe CS2

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 11:38:43 CDT

    Mustafa Jabbar wrote:

    >Dear Eric,
    >As I understand Windows XP SP has a .dll which is responsible for display of
    >Unicode Glyphs and Codes.

    As Chris mentionned, we use our own software for that (consider that our
    applications also run on MacOS, as well as a number of Unix platforms
    for some of them).

    > But we have found that Adobe applications only
    >displays ?,if the code is beyond 256, the glyphas are not displayed.

    This is not my experience with InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Acrobat
    (to name only those I use). May be you are using an old application such
    as PageMaker?

    >Indic languages have almost 50% of the world's polpulation.
    >Can Adobe ignore it?

    Because of our policy about product announcements, I cannot tell you
    whether future versions of specific products will support Indic scripts.
    I surely hope we will do so, but I am just a lowly engineer with little
    influence on our product decisions.

    Eric.

    PS: your clock is fast by about a month.