Re: what is Latn?

From: Chris Jacobs (chris.jacobs@hetnet.nl)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 14:02:07 CDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com>
    To: <unicode@unicode.org>
    Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 3:18 PM
    Subject: what is Latn?

    > Could someone tell me where to find the list of the characters
    > belonging to ISO 15924 "Latn" script?

    When I first read this question I mistook ISO 15924 for the name of the
    "Latn" script, but Google enlightened me.

    http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=iso+15924&btnG=Google+zoeken&meta

    http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso15924/

    http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html

    > I wish to know if they support all
    > the French characters and variants?

    Since Latn is a script, not a charset, you cannot expect an authoritative
    list of what is in it, but there is a list of which unicode chars are Latin,
    where Latin is Latn or Latf (Fraktur variant) or Latg (Gaelic variant).

    http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/tr24-4.html

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/Scripts.txt