RE: Mathematical Greek Alphanumeric Symbols

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 12:24:35 CDT

    Just for your amusement, for the last six years (1986 - 1992) that I was
    an active theoretical laser physicist, I did all my calculations on
    screen using my PS Technical Word Processor. It was considerably easier
    to calculate that way than doing the calculations on paper. And the
    formulas could be very complicated, sometimes running into many lines. I
    used an extended mathematical character set, but nowhere near as far
    ranging as the current Unicode set for mathematics.

    The Unicode linear format for mathematics that I'm working with now is
    an outgrowth of the format I used back then to do calculations. It's
    almost magical...

    Murray