Re: ASCII and Unicode lifespan leading to paper sizes

From: Erkki Kolehmainen (erkki.kolehmainen@kotus.fi)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 06:57:54 CDT

    Some boring facts on the question of the paper size:

    In the A-series, the ratio of the sides is 1 to the square root of 2
    (which is true also for the B- and C-series).
    Size A0 is 1 square meter, being thus appr. 841x1189 mm.
    You get the next smaller size by dividing the length by two.
    Thus A1 is 594x841, A2 420x594, A3 297x420, A4 210x297, etc.
    (The smallest standardized size in the series is A10: 26x37 mm.)

    Regards, Erkki I. Kolehmainen