Re: browser encoding settings

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@vanderpoel.org)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 20:18:14 CDT

    > Faraz, my suggestion to you is that you continue sending emails with the
    > UTF-8 charset and quoted-printable

    Try 8bit instead of quoted-printable too, and see if your mail user
    agent (MUA) and all the mail transfer agents (MTAs) along the way can
    forward the email without corrupting it.

    # Many mail servers in Japan only support 7-bit emails, because they were
    # tweaked locally since long to support Shift-JIS

    Shift-JIS is not 7-bit. You're probably thinking of iso-2022-jp (also
    known as JIS sometimes), which is 7-bit.

    Erik