Re: Ligatures fi and ffi

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 03:49:16 CDT

    On Wednesday, June 1st, 2005 17:00Z James Kass wrote:

    > Antoine Leca wrote,
    >
    >> Unless of course you aggregate all the scripts of India into an
    >> unique "Indian script." [...present font] is unable to correctly
    >> join e.g. U+0915 with U+09BE; and I never actually see the second.
    >
    > Is Devanagari Letter KA supposed to join with a Bengali vowel sign?

    Nothing in the Unicode model would prevent such a thing (as well as a long
    list of "illogical strings".)

    Then, /if/ you agglomerate all the Indian scripts together, there is no
    excuse for a rendering engine to escape this.

    Of course, I cannot defend the "/if/" above, so that is pure conjecture, and
    I do not ask James or Paul (for Uniscribe) to put some of their spare
    resources to fix this ;-).

    Antoine