Re: terminology: plaintext (was Re: unicode Digest V5 #149)

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 19:08:49 CDT

    What happens to text that under goes complex rendering? Does it still remain
    plain text.

    I tried to experiment this in the following way.
    Compared a linear font display with a non linear font in notepad and then
    using rich text with fully rendered font. It looks as though the display
    tries maintains plain text in note pad.

    See http://www.geocities.com/avarangal/plain-text.jpg

    Sinnathurai Srivas