Re: Tamil sha (U+0BB6) - deprecate it?

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 26 2005 - 15:05:54 CDT

    More than anything, it is a gradual attempt to make the last remaining
    Indian language Sanskritised without sound technical reasons. I do not think
    it is the duty of Unicode to be part of this extra ordinary plot. You can
    see that all other Indic languages are already converted.

    English is the worlds advanced language at the moment. ask those wish to
    deprecate Tamil, if they would be interested in giving up Indic for English.
    The out cry will be forceful. It is because Tamil has no defence, no
    Government, being subordinate citizens, unable to stop this kinds of attack.

    It is not Unicode's duty to destroy Tamil.
    It has the worlds earliest written, highly sophisticated Grammar.

    Sanskrit evolved half from Tamil and now in the form of Indic want to
    destroy it through Unicode. All those struggles of Tamils over some hundreds
    of years is being dismantled by Unicode. This must stop.

    Srivas