Re: Tamil Collation vs Transliteration/Transcription Enc Version2

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 14:33:54 CDT

    Encoding Grantham or sanskrit is not a problem. Encoding transliteration is
    not a problem. The problem is encoding some thing as Tamil, or in code space
    reserved for tamil is the problem. It legitimises foreign languages as part
    of tamil. we love all languages, but we do not want other languages to
    change ours. We have a long history of resisting. This attept by Unicode is
    going to be the toughest one and Tamil would provbably loose and the die.
    Unicode will have such power in the future.

    Please think as it is something difficult to imagine for most of you. it has
    been a struggle. we can not stop if Unicode takes up this oppressive
    measure.

    Srivas