Re: Tamil sha (U+0BB6) - deprecate it?

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 03:38:16 CDT

    On Tuesday, June 28th, 2005 10:03Z Peter Kirk wrote:

    > But it lists not just the six languages you mentioned before
    > ("Finnish, Estonian, Sami, Hungarian, Basque, and Etruscan" -
    <snip>
    > But many of the languages included, but not in your list of
    > six, are not imports at all but are languages of indigenous peoples
    > who have not migrated for thousands of years.

    I am not sure what is your point (too many but's to my taste), however I
    believe the present-day speakers of the so-called Basque language will
    object loudly if you pretend their language is "imported" ;-).

    OTOH and to keep trolling, I consider present so-called English to be much
    more an import from the other side of the ocean, rather than an evolution of
    the language I was taught in the last century.
    Do they [em,im]migrate?

    Antoine