Re: A Tamil-Roman transliterator (Unicode)

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 14:53:10 CDT

    Numbered consonants encode individual and complex combinations of
    aspirations.
    Aytham, as in Grammar, already do this with clarity, simplicity, and
    legitimacy.

    Numbered consonant is an illegal method, encoded by Unicode with no concern
    for any proper study.

    Current numbered consonant is full of flaws.

    Please looking at deprecating numbered consonants.
    Every Tom Dick and Harry can not messup Tamil. Unicode should not legitimise
    this illegal intrusion.

    There are too many different techniques. Unicode can free the numbered
    consonant space for any use. But they should not legitimise it's use in one
    form with Tamil as a legitimate use. It is not Unicode to say that is the
    correct form.

    Deorecate the legitimised state and let any Tom Dick and Harry the free rein
    to use numbered consonants, where ever they want. Remove the ligitimising
    reference from Unicode documents, unless it is properly studied and properly
    accepted.

    Srivas