Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!)

From: Dean Snyder (dean.snyder@jhu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 22:14:27 CDT

    Peter Constable wrote at 11:56 AM on Wednesday, July 6, 2005:

    >I don't know the answer to these questions. I wonder, though, what the
    >intent of the question is.

    The intent of my questions is to uncover the facts behind Erkki
    Kolehmainen bald assertion that "it would be grossly unfair and
    misleading to characterize [WG2] as a rubberstamping organization."

    >Suppose there has *never* been an instance in which WG2 rejected a
    >UTC recommendation. What would you derive from that?

    I would assert that the burden of proof is on you and others to
    establish that the WG2 is not a rubber stamp of the UTC.

    Dean A. Snyder

    Assistant Research Scholar
    Manager, Digital Hammurabi Project
    Computer Science Department