RE: Old Hebrew, extra Uniscribe work (Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!))

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 15:29:54 CDT

    This is the case of the same 22 letters, in the same order, with very
    similar names and a well known history. It isn't the case of an old Hebrew
    language, these are old Hebrew writings.

    I am not trying to ask the UTC to change its decision on Phoenician or to
    reopen the subject. The record stands for itself - on the one hand CJK
    unification, on the other hand Semitic disunification. But time and again,
    as new persons learn about it, the decision will be exposed for what it is
    worth.

    Jony