Numbers / numerals

From: Joel Kalvesmaki (
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 07:45:31 CDT

    It seems to me that Unicode block U+10140 to U+1018F should be termed
    Ancient Greek Numerals, not Ancient Greek Numbers, since what is being
    treated are not the abstractions but their representation. (Cf. the correct
    usage in _The Unicode Standard, 4.0_, p. 358)

    By pointing this out to the list, will this advice get to the powers that
    be, or do I need to contact someone specifically?

    Joel Kalvesmaki
    Assistant Editor
    Dumbarton Oaks
    (202) 777-0095