Re: Letters for Indic transliteration

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 17:29:30 CDT

    There are many phonemes in Tamil usage, that would benefit if diacritics are
    used.
    example
    thick /th0/ thirai
    father /th1/ athan
    this /th2/ inththa
    example:
    ¾¢ = ¾̥, ¾, ¾̧

    and so on ..

    While on the question of diacritics,
    does combining marks allow ligature formations to give
    consonant+depen.vowel = consonant + combining mark + depen.vowel ligatures.

    example:

    Sinnathurai