Re: Cp1256 (Windows Arabic) Characters not supported by UTF8

From: Andy Heninger (andy.heninger@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 13:04:12 CDT

    It's more on language detection, and less on charset detection, but there is
    an interesting paper from IBM Research here

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/globalization/documents/linguini.pdf

    Linguini: Language Identification for Multilingual Documents
    John M. Prager

    Some of the ideas from this ended up in the charset detection that was just
    added to the Java version of the ICU library.

    We are just now starting to look at doing a C version of that charset
    detection. If anyone would like to weigh in with opinions on how the API
    should look, the icu-design mail list is the place to do it.

    -- Andy Heninger