Re: Languages supported by UTF8 and UTF16

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Sun Sep 11 2005 - 00:12:05 CDT

    Michael Everson a écrit :

    >> Moreover, we would have avoided security issues with these kinds of
    >> characters at the same time. See the examples in
    >> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/#Single_Script_Spoofing
    >

    > Um, well, the security issues are your bugaboo, and they are
    > restricted to a narrow range of activity vis à vis the UCS.

    Let's not make things too personal.

    You know other people are also concerned and disapprove of duplicating
    similar-looking and similar-behaving (viz. havings same Unicode
    properties) combining characters (for instance in a script and in the
    generic combining characters).

    I do not want to argue this here. But only mention we should not get
    personal (in an otherwise interesting discussion as far as I'm concerned).

    P. A.