Re: Metric paper size for PDF code charts

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 10:16:20 CST

    > Currently the PDF code charts at http://www.unicode.org/charts/
    > are made for a paper size of 8.5 inch × 11 inch.

    It may be unfortunate, but, the paper size of the chart and book PDFs
    simply reflects the production size of the physical book. If the book were
    a different size, the PDFs would be a different size.

    That's sort of a short answer... There are a lot of complicated details
    that go into the production of the book. In some future edition, I suppose
    the size might be changed to something else, but my guess would be that if
    the book size were changed, it is more likely to be smaller than A4 or the
    current book.

    Regards,
            Rick