Re: Punctuation character (inverted interrobang) proposed

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 15:17:30 CST

    I also admit that the interrobang looks like an abbreviation for denoting
    several missing words (or a completely missing sentence), so it's true it
    can't be considered purely as a grammatical puntuation. Most uses of the
    character I saw were in isolated forms (for example in comics bubbles), but
    it can't be used to correctly represent the oral language.

    This character should better be a ideographic symbol, that effectively
    escapes the normal grammatical rules when it is used in a sentence (so no
    need of an inverted form for Spanish, as it is not grammatically correct in
    Spanish either).

    From: "Marion Gunn" <mgunn@egt.ie>