Re: Punctuation character (inverted interrobang) proposed

From: Denis Jacquerye (moyogo@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 23:22:38 CST

    I was just using those accented African characters as an example for
    the current logic for refusing proposals.

    I understand it is much better to have systems handling Unicode well
    than to create a set of national encodings for many African countries.

    > So their encoding is not necessary, not even to convince font designers to
    > support them (there are now better alternatives to convince font designers
    > to support these sequences without requiring these characters to be encoded
    > separately: it's to list them as supported named sequences in the Unicode
    > database).

    What does one have to do to list characters as supported named
    sequences in the Unicode database? NamedSequences.txt is rather empty
    right now, I'd like to propose some sequences and get other people to
    do so too.

    --
    Denis Moyogo Jacquerye --- http://home.sus.mcgill.ca/~moyogo