Re: three questions about alphabet files at Michael Everson site

From: Cristian Secarã (orice@secarica.ro)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 09:54:44 CST

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:43:34 +0100, Antoine wrote:

    > I doubt arguing about French letters (should I add again) shall be welcome
    > on this list...

    Well, I forgot to tell the reason for my question: the ISO/IEC 8859-16
    (Latin 10) standard claims that it covers the French language
    (standard's Annex A, informative). But the Latin 10 standard does not
    contains the "N capital/small letter with tilde" character.
    I considered this to be an encoding-like question ...

    > Marginally. Some words (usually of Spanish origin, of course) can be written
    > using N. The most usual ones ("canon" is the generaly used example) [...]

    Thanks for the info.

    Cristi