Re: Some Missing Astrological Symbols

From: David Faulks (davidj_faulks@yahoo.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 12:23:46 CST

    --- David Starner <prosfilaes@gmail.com> wrote:

    > On 11/14/05, Kenneth Whistler <kenw@sybase.com>
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > These six can be found on the cover of the book,
    > > The Asteroid Ephemeris 1900 to 2050. See:
    > >
    > > http://www.astroamerica.com/aster2.html
    > >
    > > So there's one obvious citation for you. There
    > > are many other books on the asteroids, Chiron,
    > > and Lilith there, so I suspect amongst them
    > > you could find a host of text citations.
    >
    > "Letters on Astronomy", by Denison Olstead, 1855
    > has some of these. I've never seen them as more
    > than inline graphics coming right after the name
    > of the asteroid, but I can send you the pages if
    > you want.

    I would like this. I'm now thinking that I should try
    to use inter-library loan to get the book Kenneth
    Whistler pointed out to me (and a few others as well).
    That will take a few weeks, however, and I feel a bit
    doubtfull whether the symbols are really in there in
    text, rather than just charts. Time will tell.

    Thank You, David Faulks.