Re: Exemplar Characters

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine10646@leca-marti.org)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 12:12:35 CST

    On Thursday, November 17TH, 2005 09:49Z, Philippe Verdy wrote:
    > Does a Spanish crosswords grid make a difference betwen N and N with
    > tilde?

    Does the French crosswords grid make a difference between C and K?

    Once you answer the latter, you have the answer for the former.

    What is less clear is the status of LL or CH: I do not believe they are
    usually expected to take a single cell, but it can happens sometimes (and
    yes, you are not expected to foresee it.)

    > the tilde is required to write Spanish correctly (the absence of the
    > tilde being considered a fault on correctly typesetted texts, such as
    > book titles or in Spanish dictionnary entries),

    ... and everywhere else as well.
    This is definitively not the same as (stress) accent differences, which case
    is more comparable to French.

    Antoine