Re: IJ joint in spaced lettering

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 00:48:11 CST

    -On [20060109 03:50], Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt) wrote:
    >At < http://www.somtrans.be/ >, the logo of this shipping company shoes
    >the word "Rederij" set with over spaced letters, but "IJ" is, as usual,
    >kept toghether.

    Being Dutch I can tell you that the ij here is a special ligature that
    evolved from a double i (ii) sound.
    Current practice is that you can either use i+j or the ij ligature.

    Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | Je maintiendrai!
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | catcher@in-nomine.org
    Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me...