Re: Dutch IJ & the austrian stamp's encoding

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 00:56:26 CST

    -On [20060118 01:36], André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmx.net) wrote:
    >it indicates, that two glyphs for one grapheme (an not
    >ligature, and that's exactly what the Dutch IJ is:
    >a single grapheme, and in fact not a ligature),

    IJ evolved as a ligature from ii. The j was a long drawn i to make sure it
    became more readable. I wonder where you get the idea from that it is NOT a
    ligature.

    Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | Je maintiendrai!
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | catcher@in-nomine.org
    Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me...