Re: Ellipsis

From: Guy Steele (Guy.Steele@Sun.COM)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 11:58:07 CST

    On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

    > On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:53:02AM -0500,
    > John D. Burger <john@mitre.org> wrote

    >>> URL?
    >>>

    >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0226104052
    >>

    > Exactly my point :-)

    The Internet is fabulous, but it is quicksand. For anything
    REALLY important (such as the Chicago Manual and, yes,
    the Unicode Standard) I like to have a concrete snapshot
    that I am SURE will not change from day to day. And I can
    read them without worrying about battery charge---solar
    power suffices. :-)

    --Guy Steele