Re: what exactly is UnicodeData.txt?

From: Kit Peters (popefelix@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 19:37:54 CST

    On 2/16/06, Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org> wrote:

    > You have to be very careful. UnicodeData.txt is just one file of many
    > that contain the data for Unicode character properties. And in a great
    > many cases, the recommended property is *not* the one in Unicode data.
    > For examples of this, look at the following.

    Thankfully, I don't think that much of this is going to apply to my work.
    Remember that I am concentrating on numerals only, and that my work is on a
    project that is written in Java and uses Java's native methods to handle
    Unicode whenever possible. So most of the implementation work has already
    been done for me by the fine people at Sun Microsystems.

    Where I may run into problems is when I begin implementing non-digits (e.g.
    Roman numerals, vulgar fractions) into CLforJava. That's still a little
    ways off.

    KP