Re: Missing block names in Unibook

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 00:17:02 CST

    On 2/22/2006 4:48 PM, Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin wrote:

    >I just downloaded version five. I made a copy of NamesList-5.0.0d1.txt as
    >NamesList.lst and run Unibook. Quite nice to see it all in one bundle etc.
    >but for some reason the new block names do not display properly, even if
    >the application is aware of them. Screenshot attched as <blocks.gif>. Any
    >ideas?

    For those on the unicode list who do not use the Unibook Character
    Browser (http://www.unicode.org/unibook/) the message above and this
    reply will be a
    bit cryptic. The short answer is that a beta version of Unibook supporting
    Unicode 5.0 is due shortly.

    The long answer is that the multi-block (or Index view) in Unibook uses
    hard-wired
    block names which are sometimes abbreviated so that they fit. To see the
    new block
    names, use the 'book style' view.

    A./

    PS: the Unibook help files list a dedicated e-mail alias to use when
    reporting issues with that program.