Re: Script L

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 03:41:05 CST

    "Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin" <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> wrote

    >>Considering that U+1D4A7 is one of the many "wholes" in the Mathematical
    Alphanumeric Symbols block, which correspond (considering their place in
    the alphabetic sort order) to those in the Letterlike and Mathematical
    Symbols blocks, I assume that U+2112 is a regular script L, not "locked"
    to the glyph(s) used in Maths (Laplace transform).
    <<

    As far as I can see (Tables in Unicode 4) U+1D4A7 is 'reserved', with a
    reference to U+2112, which is not what I was after.
    I have just noticed however that civitype.ttf (which I acquired from
    somewhere almost 10 years ago) has the right sort of thing, but still not
    close enough.
    Well, it is not of huge importance - I was just trying to keep to the
    notation of a (French) book that I am translating.
    Raymond