Re: New symbol for Russian rouble?

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 05:37:21 CST

    At 03:10 -0800 2006-03-17, Asmus Freytag wrote:

    >I have no evidence as to whether the proposed symbols are in any way
    >close to being adopted, but it would not surprise me if they were.

    The text reads (more or less):

    =====
    Good day!

    It seems to me that the ruble symbol must be simple and easily learned.

    I propose two versions 1) letter ER and u together, forming the
    Latin Pu (Rubl), 2) letter ER is crossed by a line, forming R

    Perhaps such versions have already been found.

    Eduard P.
    ====