Re: CLDR: Bad exemplar chars for some locales

From: Donald Z. Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 20:46:48 CST

    I would note for the record that there are a few character issues with some of
    the African language locales (from a quick view):

    * Hausa of Niger (ha_NE) uses the hooked y (01B3/01B4), not 'y for the
    ejective
    y (this is something that I think slipped through in a hasty process of
    consultation and revisions before the recent deadline)
    * Wolof (wo) has no characters indicated for either Romanized (Latin) or Ajami
    (Arabic) transcriptions
    * Ga (gaa) I think uses some extended Latin characters, but I'll double check
    with the sources

    There is a CLDR@unicode.org list - is partipation in it limited to the
    CLDR-TC?
    I do understand that there is a process for reporting "bugs" via
    http://www.unicode.org/cldr/filing_bug_reports.html

    Don

    Don Osborn, Ph.D. dzo@bisharat.net
    *Bisharat! A language, technology & development initiative
    *Bisharat! Initiative langues - technologie - développement
    http://www.bisharat.net

    *PanAfrican Localisation Project
    *Projet panafricain sur la localisation
    http://www.bisharat.net/PanAfrLoc (new domain coming)