RE: CLDR: Bad exemplar chars for some locales

From: Keutgen, Walter (walter.keutgen@be.unisys.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 06:13:27 CST

    Donald,

    almost correct. See the CLDR instructions:

    http://www.unicode.org/cldr/wiki?SurveyToolHelp/characters. PLEASE FOLLOW THE HYPERLINK [Exemplar Characters].

    Please pay also attention to "tought as the alphabet" i.e. one may not exclude letters not used in genuine words of a language that uses Latin script e.g. "k" to be kept in "it". Probably one can derive a similar rule for other scripts.

    Best regards

    Walter Keutgen
    International Engineering Centre
    Unisys Belgium nv-sa