Re: Telugu TJA and TCA encoding

From: Richard Wordingham (richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 09:19:13 CST

    N. Ganesan wrote:

    > If the Telugu historic letters, TJA and TCA (Ref. Nagarjuna Venna's mails)
    > get encoded in Telugu code-chart,
    > can it be done by a code-point for an "alveolar modification marker"
    > which can operate on ca and ja letters?

    Precedent is against it - cf. the decision to encode New Tai Lue KVA (2
    off), XVA (2 off) and LAEV separately rather than using a comon marker. (I
    think that decision was wrong, but my counter-evidence is weak, though
    stronger than some of the evidence used for the winning option.) Do you
    have other likely uses in mind?

    I suppose one might argue that it's the Telugu nukta!

    What is the proper process for making points about prospective proposals if
    one does not expect to be able to persuade the proposers oneself?

    Richard.