Re: Help in Drafting a Proposal

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2006 - 08:22:38 CST

    Idris Kamal <idriskamal at zoom dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > I'm a newbie to this arena. My main goal is to see the codification of
    > 4 letters into the Arabic character-set so that the Arwi language will
    > become part of the Unicode standard.

    ... so that the Arabic letters used in writing the Arwi language will
    become part of the Unicode standard.

    Unicode encodes characters, not languages.

    > I made a Wikipedia entry a while ago on Arwi. Please see this link:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arwi
    >
    > I would be most grateful if the experienced members of this list can
    > give me some guidance on how to go about preparing a proposal to
    > include the remaining 4 letters into the Unicode standard.

    Make sure you can provide examples of these letters in use, preferably
    as scans from books or newspapers, with references. You'll also want to
    make some more objective points about the language itself, such as the
    number of speakers at its pinnacle.

    --
    Doug Ewell
    Fullerton, California, USA