Re: Unicode fonts

From: Andy Heninger (andy.heninger@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 10:39:44 CST

    On 4/25/06, Sergiy Kuzmenko <s.kuzmenko@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Some Unicode aware applications created for MS Windows (e.g., Texpad
    > or SeruceCRT) refuse to correctly display content with multiple
    > scripts: one always has to choose the script, so that you can have
    > either Cyrillic or Western European but not both. I wonder why it is
    > like that...

    Textpad is not a Unicode based editor - the text is handled internally
    in your local code page, windows 1252 or whatever. The only slight
    nod towards Unicode is that it recognizes a UTF-8 BOM when it sees one
    and attempts to convert from/to UTF-8 when opening or saving a file.

    It's a real shame that it works this way - it's a very nice editor
    otherwise, but it's useless for Unicode.