Re: Unicode PUA or new characters with OpenType

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 12:17:30 CST

    saqqara wrote:

    > After some years patiently awaiting improvements, I'd like to hear of
    > any specifications about what is expected of software in working
    > with newly encoded or PUA characters. Is there is any prospect of
    > improvements in new releases? Or must I reach for my compiler?!

    I think this question might be better asked on the OpenType developer list. It is a
    question that relates to the interaction of OpenType fonts with text processing engines,
    and most of the engineers who can respond to your question are subscribed to that list.

    For information about the OpenType discussion list, see
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/otlist.htm

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com