Egyptian Demotic

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 12:52:01 CDT

    I have been wondering why there is nothing as yet in Unicode for Egyptian
    Demotic. Unlike the great mass of Hieroglyphic forms, the Demotic is
    relatively modest in scope, and comparable with Coptic. The list in
    Spiegelberg's Demotische Grammatik has only 27 consonants, which, with sign
    variants, amounts to some 45 signs. I wonder if anyone has been making
    proposals ?

    Raymond Mercier