Re: UTF-7 - is it dead?

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 03:54:44 CDT

    Different encodings have different uses. As you do not say your use,
    it is hard to guess.

    UTF-8 suffices for text-to-text communications on a new platform,
    such as UNIX, being an extension of ASCII, but UTF-32 might be better
    for internal use in a program in favor of alignment and speed
    properties. Other encodings, you may need to implement for legacy.