Re: Glyphs for German quotation marks

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 12:26:47 CDT

    Andreas Prilop wrote:
    > Look at http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf

    The Unicode Standard shows exemplary glyphs for some characters in one
    particular typeface. So?

    > And take a beginner's course in typography.

    Actually, I'm giving one. But I'll gladly take one, you never learn out.
    I recommend the same to you. I guess one of the first things you'd learn
    is that typography has some rules and that after you've learned them,
    you can start breaking them if there is a good reason for it. The issues
    of screen legibility are such a reason.

    --
    Adam Twardoch
    http://www.twardoch.com/