triple diacritic (sch with ligature tie in a German dialect writing document)

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 18:48:59 CDT

    Looking at
    http://www.beepworld.de/memberdateien/members85/friedhelmschmitz/dielnschbank1.pdf
    p. 9 and 11 (see attached image from p. 9), you see the sequence "sch"
    with a ligature tie below (representing the phoneme written ž in other
    languages).

    If I had to propose this for Unicode, I would propose a single "triple
    diacritic" COMBINING TRIPLE BREVE BELOW, rather than precombined
    lower-, title- and uppercase "sch with ligature tie" in rough analogy
    to U+017A LATIN SMALL LETTER TH WITH STRIKETHROUGH.

    Would this be the way to go?

    - Karl Pentzlin

    Rheinische_Dokumenta_-_sch.png