Re: Stacked Latin letters

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 02:32:07 CDT

    At 01:30 +0200 2006-06-13, Karl Pentzlin wrote:

    >As the two letters of each pair have the same size, combinations of
    >base letters and combining letters above are not appropriate.

    I disagree. In the first place, the document is using a
    Grotesque-style font and in the second, it doesn't show the stacked
    ones in context. There doesn't seem to be any reason not to use base
    letters and combining letters above, and to just specify that in that
    font they should be drawn large. (The combining letters above were
    proposed by Germans by the way.)