RE: Frequent incorrect guesses by the charset autodetection in IE7

From: Dean Harding (dean.harding@dload.com.au)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 21:55:27 CDT

    > It is not strictly necessary to see the links to the *W APIs. The program
    > may be linked staticaly to the *A APIs for compatibility with Win95/98/ME,
    > but still contain dynamic linking at run time to call the *W APIs.

    While that is possible, the empirical tests I did when I actually RAN the
    program indicated that it was in fact NOT a Unicode application - anything I
    tried to type outside of my system's default codepage was turned into
    question marks.

    You certainly can't blame Unicode for applications which don't support it.

    Dean.