Kannada Om, Telugu Om signs

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 06:56:58 CDT

Nagarjuna, Suresh, Pavanaja, Viswanadha, and list,

Please take a look at Telugu Om and Kannada Om signs.
On top on the long OO vowel, on the right side,
there is an anusvara (something like a circle),
sometimes an ardhanusvara also.

On the left and right sides of Tamil OM in the jpeg picture,
there are Telugu and Kannada OM symbols.

Also, look at Kannada, Telugu OM signs (and other
Indic script OMs - many not yet in Unicode).

My request to Kannadigas, and Telugu friends to
give some samples of Telugu and Kannada OM signs
for Unicode encoding in a proposal to UTC.

I have some samples for Oriya and Bengali OM signs.
It has a candrabindu integrated in it. If anyone has
some samples, please send them to me. Or, write
a proposal to UTC.

N. Ganesan