Kannada Om, Telugu Om signs

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 06:56:58 CDT

Nagarjuna, Suresh, Pavanaja, Viswanadha, and list,

Please take a look at Telugu Om and Kannada Om signs.
On top on the long OO vowel, on the right side,
there is an anusvara (something like a circle),
sometimes an ardhanusvara also.

On the left and right sides of Tamil OM in the jpeg picture,
there are Telugu and Kannada OM symbols.
http://groups.google.com/group/CTamil/msg/7b37283a936f7fff

Also, look at Kannada, Telugu OM signs (and other
Indic script OMs - many not yet in Unicode).
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/art/aum/display.html

My request to Kannadigas, and Telugu friends to
give some samples of Telugu and Kannada OM signs
for Unicode encoding in a proposal to UTC.

I have some samples for Oriya and Bengali OM signs.
It has a candrabindu integrated in it. If anyone has
some samples, please send them to me. Or, write
a proposal to UTC.

N. Ganesan