Re: Reality check - non-Unicode in Guinea-GTZ documents 2005

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 10:36:50 CDT

    Hello,

    Kent_Spielmann@sil.org wrote:
    > Does any one have any favorite web resources or teaching materials for
    > introducing Unicode to the uninitiated?

    by proxy for my boss, I have given a 90 min lecture
    for undergraduates in our "computer systems" course.
    The lecture was about representing character data
    in computers, and, after a few basics, and historic
    remarks, I devoted most of the time to Unicode.

    If you can read German, you may wish to have a
    look on my lecture notes
    <http://www.systems.uni-konstanz.de/Otto/Vortrag/Charset/Unicode-Grundlagen.html>,
    and assignments
    <http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/disy/teaching/ws0506/Rechnersysteme/assignment/u07.pdf>.
    There is also a model solution I could provide for the asking.

    Best wishes,
       Otto Stolz