Re: Fw: Unicode & space in programming & l10n

From: Elliotte Harold (elharo@metalab.unc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 06:33:56 CDT

    Murray Sargent wrote:
    >> That's the meaning I give to the question: "Time to deprecate C/C++ ?"
    >
    > FWIW, almost all of Microsoft Office is programmed in C++ using UTF-16.

    I strongly suspect that Microsoft Office is actually programmed in
    Visual C++. If you can limit yourself to one compiler and one compiler
    vendor, then the compiler-specific idiosyncracies of C and C++ don't
    matter nearly as much. For those of us working in a multiplatform,
    multicompiler world, life is a lot more complex.

    Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!